42nd International Vegetarian Union World VegFest
The 42nd International Vegetarian Union World VegFest is to be held in Dubai on 25t-26-27 November 2014.
Organized by the volunteers of Middle East Vegetarian Group (MEVEG) the event will be held alongside the Middle East Natural and Organic Products Exhibition (MENOPE) at Hall no.4 Dubai World Trade Centre. With seminars, workshops, illuminating debates and panel discussions the three-day event is open to all interested in better health, sustainable environment and animal welfare.
Taking place from 11 am to 6 pm, The World VegFest will include presentations from an esteemed group of experts, workshops and debates alongwith thought-provoking panel discussions.
A plant based lunch will be served to all participants.
The event is scheduled for November 25-26-27 2014 at Dubai World Trade Centre - Hall 4, and is expected to be attended by over 300 food industry experts, medical and environment experts, students, teachers, women and chefs.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all full-day attendees of the World VegFest.
To Register Click Here REGISTRATION
For interviewing a spokesperson contact:
Press Contact: Anishkaa (Yardstick Marketing) +971 50 745 7317 / Elena on (97155 955 0169)
MEVEG has a mission to:
• Be a one-stop Non-Profit Knowledge Platform on Vegetarianism
• Represent Vegetarian’s needs to the Government and Food industry
• Promote the consumption of plant-based foods
• Be an umbrella organization for Vegan, Vegetarian groups (supporting Organic, Raw, Local, Slow, Gluten Free Foods)
42nd IVU World Veg Fest - Anna University, Chennai, India on 29th and 30th of November 2014
To All Non-Violent People,
It gives us great pleasure in informing you about the 42nd IVU World Veg Fest that is going to be held at Vivekananda Auditorium, Anna University, Chennai, India on 29th and 30th of November 2014 , 10 am onwards. IVU is one of the oldest vegetarian organisation with about 120 members all over the world. The Founders of IVU had close association with Mahatma Gandhi while he was at London.
It will be a rare opportunity to hear experts from all over the world, interact and exchange ideas on this topic that is very relevant to our present times. The theme of the event is FREEDOM from diseases through NON-VIOLENT food. The power of ahimsa was demonstrated by Mahatma Gandhi not very long ago. Saint Vallalar (19th century) was the greatest champion of non-violent food with a vision to create a happy and harmonious world.
Plant based diet has been found to be the most suitable to us. Scientific studies and opinion show that a vegetarian diet significantly reduces the risk of many diseases including heart disease, diabetes, cancers and improved overall life expectancy rates. FREEDOM from many of ‘life-style’ diseases is easily within our reach.
Vegetarianism also is the single most effective way to save our environment. UN in one of its report states that Livestock pollutes our planet more than all the cars, SUVs, trains, trucks, ships and planes put together!
Highlights of the IVUVEGFEST will be:
1. Delegates and speakers from many countries.
2. Two days of Talks, debates and discussions.
3. Different halls for programs in English and Tamil.
4. Tamil scriptures and saints have emphasised jeevakarunya or compassion towards all beings. Tamil scholars will participate through panel discussions, lectures, debates.
5. Non-Violent Food Cookery contest.
6. Continuous Cookery Demonstration.
7. Exhibition of various food items and information.
8. Sumptuous and tasty vegan spread.
9. Felicitation of people who have made a significant contribution to the Vegetarian movement.
10. Inauguration of chapters in SAARC countries and new Indian chapters.
We personally invite you attend and make use of the opportunity by registering online. The participation is just INR 500 including morning tea, lunch and evening Tea on both days. But there are only limited seats in the auditorium. So register right away at www.ivuvegfestchennai.org or sms 9840081118. If you want to start an IVU chapter in your area please contact us. We also invite enthusiastic volunteers who can participate actively in this mission. Let’s all join together and build a healthy, happy and a NON-VIOLENT world. Jai Hind.
Ashok Kumar CK
Vn Shankar Narayan
- Created on .