IVU IC Elections rules and procedures
- The International Council (IC) shall be elected by email ballot, with voting from July 1st to July 15 of 2022. The results to be announced by emaiI till July 30.
- Member Organisations shall be invited to send nominations from June 1st to June 15 2022. Candidates must be vegetarian, and nominated by a Member Organisation. Nominations must be sent by someone other than the candidate.
- On or shortly before June 30, all full member organisations shall be sent, electronically, full details of all candidates, including position statements submitted by the candidates, of a length and format prescribed by IC.
- Voting shall be by a confidential ballot of member organisations. Votes shall be sent to persons nominated by IC and kept confidential until the result is announced. Leaders of Member Organisations shall be encouraged, but not required, to disclose to their own members how they voted.
- The eight candidates receiving the most votes shall be elected for a term of office expiring when the next council is announced, four years later.
- IC may fill an interim vacancy of the eight elected members, by a 2/3 majority vote of all IC, to expire when the next IC is elected.
Questions for all candidates - please keep answers brief.
1. Why do you want to be on IVU International Council (IC)?
2. What would you like to see IVU IC achieve?
3. What particular skills will you bring to the IVU IC?
4. Why are you vegetarian/vegan and what does it mean to you?
5. With all your many responsibilities, are you confident that you can find at least 10 hours a month to take part in IC deliberations and vote on issues before IC?
6. In addition to taking part in IC deliberations and voting on issues before IC, what is one other way, beyond the many wonderful activities you already do with your local/national society, that you will contribute to the work of IC?
7. For those seeking re-election: Please tell us how did you contributed over the last two years to IVU.
8. Is there anything else that you would like to say?
Template for Nominations
Name of IVU member organisation:
Name of the organisation’s representative who is nominating the candidate:
Name of nominee:
Please include below the nominee’s position statement, based on the eight questions sent in the Call for Nominations.
June 1st: send invitations to all IVU member organisations to, if they wish, nominate candidates for IC elections.
June 15: deadline for nominations.
June 30: Send to IVU member organisations the list of candidates.
July 15: deadline for voting.
July 30: deadline for announcing the results of voting for IC.
IVU IC Elections 2022 Committee:
David Pye - IVU treasurer
Alex Fernandes - IVU webmaster
Shara Ngs - IVU RR for Asia Pacific
- Created on .