VEGAN SWEET SCORCHED RICE
Vegan Sweet Scorched Rice is a regional dish that many adolescents in rural Vietnam associate with their childhood. Preparing a snack of sweet and hot scorched rice and enjoying it while studying is also very relaxing on cold wet days.
Crispy, aromatic scorched rice coupled with the sweetness of fragrant palm sugar allures us to keep eating. Vegan Sweet Scorched Rice, in particular, is an excellent appetizer for light parties, such as a get-together with friends or a weekend family gathering over a cup of hot tea.
This is also a suggestion that Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi) would like to share with you to help you prepare and transform leftover cold rice into a delicious, inexpensive, and very simple-to-make scorched rice snack. Dash to the kitchen and get this Vegan Sweet Scorched Rice snack prepared immediately!
Ingredients for 2 Servings
Goes Great with
- Step 1: Fry the Cold Rice
- In a nonstick saucepan, add 1 cup of cold rice. Spread the cold rice as flat as possible on the saucepan.
- Then leave the cold rice on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes until it becomes hard and crispy. When it starts to get hard, keep flipping it so that both sides cook evenly.
- Step 2: Melt the Palm Sugar
- Combine about 200ml (about half a cup) of coconut milk and 5 cubes palm sugar in a nonstick saucepan and stir until the sugar dissolves and the liquid thickens.
- Step 3: Finish and serve
- Finally, add the scorched rice and toss well to coat equally with sugar sauce on both sides. Enjoy!
Once finished, Vegan Sweet Scorched Rice will have an enticing aroma. When you chew, you will taste the gentle sweetness of sugar, the fragrant richness of coconut milk, and the unique scent of scorched rice.
You will not be disappointed with this snack presented by Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi). Additionally, you may substitute any kind of sugar for the desired amount of sugar.