VEGAN STICKY RICE
Sticky rice is a popular Vietnamese morning meal. Specifically, the Vegan Sticky Rice dish with the unique recipe that Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi) present you to right now will provide a flavor that is both familiar and unusual, and will undoubtedly add to the richness and attractiveness of your vegetarian meal.
Vegan Sticky Rice made with glutinous rice seeds is uniformly cooked, unbroken, and has a rich, sweet fragrance characteristic of sticky rice combined with a fragrant taste of fried onions. Along with the creamy flavor of coconut milk, the naturally sweet and chewy texture of mushrooms, and the crispy of fried tofu, absolutely a perfect mix!
The Vegan Sticky Rice dish is delectable, but it is also quick and simple to prepare, so what are you waiting for? Let us get started right now!
Ingredients for 2 Servings
Goes Great with
- Glutious Rice: To ensure the grains cook and absorb moisture evenly, sticky rice first needs to be soaked and rinsed in water before cooking. Once steamed, the grains of glutinous rice become tender but maintain a distinct chewiness.
- Step 1: The Sticky Rice
- Combine 200 grams glutinous rice and 200ml coconut milk in a mixing bowl.
- Following that, add the glutinous rice to the pan and stir over low heat until all of the coconut milk has been absorbed by the glutinous rice.
- Spreading the sticky rice thoroughly on the steamer, and steam for 30 to 45 minutes. When cooked, sticky rice will be tender and fragrant due to the coconut milk soak.
- Note: If steaming in a small steamer, open the lid every 15 minutes and stir well the sticky rice!
- Step 2: The Filling
- Fried Scallions Oil: Prepare a small bowl containing the green part of scallions, then add the boiling oil and well-mixing.
- Heat a pan, sauté the white part of the scallions in a little oil until fragrant, then add the tofu, fresh shiitake mushrooms, and wood ear mushrooms then continue to sauté for an additional 5 minutes, stir to combine.
- Turn off the heat, add 3 tablespoons soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon sugar to the mixture, and stir thoroughly. In the end, add a pinch of pepper if desired.
- Step 3: Mix them well
- Once the sticky rice has steamed, transfer it straight to the filling pan, then thoroughly mix it and place it on a dish.
- Serve topped with fried onions, salty roasted peanuts, and onion oil. If the flavor is too bland, add a bit of extra soy sauce at the mixing step to enhance the sticky rice.
These easy-to-follow vegetarian sticky rice recipes from Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi) provide housewives who do not know how to make vegetarian meals with more helpful information to create a delicious Vegan Sticky Rice by themselves, changing dishes every day for a more delightful family dinner.
The combination provided with vegetarian sticky rice is extremely varied and rich, so you may select the components for processing to make it appealing, tasty, and family-friendly.