VEGAN SALAD WITH PASSION FRUIT DRESSING
It is finally the start of summer! The temperature is rising day by day, and the air is becoming hotter, but it is also a wonderful time to enjoy a refreshing salad.
Passion fruit is an excellent ingredient because it has a high concentration of vitamin C, which helps to build immunity, improve digestion, prevent cardiovascular illnesses, and generally be beneficial to human health.
To better protect your body during the epidemic season with nutritious plant-based meals, Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi) wish to share this Vegan Salad With Passion Fruit Dressing for you today through the following recipe!
Ingredients for 2 Servings
Goes Great with
- King Oyster Mushroom: To prepare the king oyster mushroom, choose a big one and slice it thickly before carving them it diagonally with a knife.
- After that, stir the king oyster mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil.
- Onion: Thinly slice the onion and soak it in cold water mixed with little vinegar to decrease the pungent of the onion's flavor, while preserving the crispness of the onion's texture.
- Step 1: Passion Fruit Dressing
- Blend all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl, including the passion fruit juice, 100ml of filtered water, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 1/2 tablespoon of salt, 2 teaspoons of fried garlic oil, and a pinch of ground pepper to combine.
- Note: If you are a vegetarian and would not want to use garlic, you may substitute a little bit of olive oil for it. If you prefer to take seedless passion fruit sauce, remove the seeds and decrease the seasoning!
- Step 2: Toss well and Decoration
- Prepare a big serving platter. Place the lettuce in the center of the dish, then put the cherry tomatoes around the plate, followed by the onion and carrot, which should be placed on top of the veggies in order.
- After that, add sauteed mushrooms and crispy toppings (walnuts and crispy sandwiches), or you may substitute cashews, almonds, macadamia nuts, etc. Enjoy!
With the recipe from Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi), this salad dish is ideal when served with fried rice paper. Passion fruit is a sweet and sour flavor not only alleviates boredom from fried, fatty meals but also makes eating them in the summer less "hard" on many levels. If you are going to enjoy this Vegan Salad With Passion Fruit Dressing dish right away, combine it with the passion fruit sauce; otherwise, store it separately for later use.