VEGAN LEMONGRASS PORRIDGE
Vegan Lemongrass Porridge is visually stunning and delicious, thanks to the variety of plant-based foods that go into making it. Vegetarian porridge also has a pleasing fragrance and vibrant colors.
With the Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi)’s recipe for Vegan Lemongrass Porridge, you may have a cup of porridge with the distinctive lemongrass fragrance and the crisp sweet flavor of mushrooms, for example. A delightful treat that is also very healthy for you. This vegan porridge meal is very light on the stomach and has a lot of fiber, which is beneficial for the intestines and digestive system due to the usage of plant components.
For instance, preparing Vegan Lemongrass Porridge does not need a lot of time or effort and is not fussy or complex. The following recipe for vegetarian lemongrass porridge invites you to join us in the kitchen!
Ingredients for 2 Servings
Goes Great with
- Wash Rice: Fill a large bowl (such as the bowl of your rice cooker) with rice and enough cold water to completely submerge. Using your hand in a claw shape, gently swirl the rice around to rinse.
- Pour off the starchy water as often as needed until the water runs nearly clear, at least three times.
- Step 1: The Congee
- In a rice cooker, combine the rice, 700ml water, and two lemongrass branches. Add water every 15 minutes until the congee reaches the desired texture (the amount of water depends on whether you like it liquid or thick).
- Step 2: The Mushroom
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the cooking oil. Add the minced ginger and saute until fragrant. Add the gray oyster mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes before adding to the congee pot.
- Cook for about 20 to 30 minutes, then season with 1 tablespoon vegetarian spice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. You may adjust the seasoning level to your preference.
- Step 3: Finish
- Pour the congee into a serving dish and top with a pinch of freshly ground pepper, coriander, and finely sliced scallions. While the porridge is still warm, enjoy it!
This Vegan Lemongrass Porridge, created by Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi) is only great when eaten hot. Furthermore, you may pair it with vermicelli to full up your stomach. This Vegan Lemongrass Porridge may also be served in a porridge hot pot with some garden vegetables such as perilla, water spinach, collard greens,... or with a variety of mushrooms such as enoki mushrooms, king oyster mushrooms,...