VEGAN FRIED WONTONS
Fried wonton is a well-known dish in Vietnam, readily recognizable by images of street food vendors. They are gaining popularity and have evolved into an appetizing snack, owing to the crunchy wonton wrapper and sweet and sour chili sauce.
This is another famous vegetarian snack made using fried wontons served as vegan food. They are often featured in full-moon feasts and serve as a great alternative to monotonous vegetarian fare.
Today, Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi) will share a Vegan Fried Wontons dish that is both delicious and healthy. They are excellent for presenting your abilities and rounding out your family's rice plate with another distinctive vegetarian dish. Let us begin immediately with the recipe that follows!
Ingredients for 2 Servings
Goes Great with
- Wood Ear Mushrooms: Soak the dried wood ear mushrooms in boiling water for around 5-10 minutes until they expand and turn completely soft.
- Then pick them up and examine each piece, removing the hard stems if necessary. Allow them to rinse and drain before shredding thinly.
- Vermicelli: Vermicelli only needs to be soaked in hot water, instead of boiling. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, remove the pot from the heat, and add the noodles.
- Let the noodles soak until they're tender, about 5 minutes. Then drained them before cutting finely.
- Step 1: Make the fillings
- Add the vegetable oil and sautéed shallots to a large saucepan set over high heat. Cook the shiitake and wood ear mushrooms in a stir-fry till tender before adding the vermicelli and seasoning with only 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- Finally, sprinkle with freshly ground pepper to desire.
- Step 2: Wrap the Wontons
- Wrap the wontons in preferred shapes and fry until they are uniformly golden. Arrange on a serving plate and dip in chili sauce to enhance the flavor. Enjoy!
The crisp skin of the fried wonton wrapper contrasts with an aromatic filling of sautéed vermicelli and mushrooms, as well as the unique fragrance of fried shallots and a rich, mouth-watering taste. This is a stunning vegetarian dish that you may offer to your family.
A quick suggestion is that you can use this filling to create vegetarian fried spring rolls, which are also very delicious. Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi) wish you the best of success with this Vegan Fried Wontons recipe.