VEGAN FRIED TOFU WITH PASSION FRUIT SAUCE
The most challenging part is determining how to vary many dishes so that family meals do not get tedious. Along with vegetarian tofu braised with shiitake mushrooms, tofu can be used to make a variety of other delectable vegetarian meals.
Passion fruit is a fruit with a distinctive euphoric fragrance and a sweet and sour flavor that is high in vitamin C and helps boost the human immune response.
Vegan Fried Tofu with Passion Fruit Sauce is an extremely nutritious and healthful tofu dish that was customized from the recipe presented by Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi).
Ingredients for 2 Servings
Goes Great with
- Tofu: Cut the tofu into bite-sized chunks, then fried until golden.
- Passion Fruit Sauce: In a mixing bowl, whisk together 3 passion fruits, 1/2 cup water, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon chili sauce.
- Because passion fruit has a sour flavor, I use a substantial amount of sugar to balance the sweet and sour flavors. If you are not a fan of sour foods, you may omit 1 passion fruit.
- Step 1: Cooking
- In a large skillet, heat a little bit of vegetable oil over high heat until hot. Next, stir well the garlic, red chilies, and clamshell mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are tender (skip the garlic if not using it).
- Step 2: Finish and serve
- Then, toss in the passion fruit sauce and season for flavor. Finally, add the fried tofu and continue to cook until the sauce has thickened and permeated the tofu, about 5 minutes.
- Place them on a plate and garnish with some cilantro on top. Enjoy!
It is not difficult to create delectable and tasty Vegan Fried Tofu with Passion Fruit Sauce following the recipe presented by Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi). The sauce combines sweet and sour flavors, the tofu is crispy and delectable, and it is perfect with a side of white rice, is not it? Remember, if the passion fruit has a sour taste, you can re-season it, or if you are not a fan of sour foods, you can decrease the amount of passion fruit to maintain a balance of sweet and sour flavors!