VEGAN EGGPLANT SIMMER WITH COCONUT MILK
One of the attractions of Vietnamese cuisine is the combination of fresh ingredients to provide a distinct flavor to meals.
Vegan Eggplant Simmer with Coconut Milk has been inspired by cuisine from the Southwest area of Vietnam. It combines a creamy, fragrant coconut taste with naturally delicious vegetables. In particular, the benefits of eggplant include several beneficial substances, the most notable of which aids the body in removing excess cholesterol.
With eggplant as the primary ingredient, we could make a range of appetizing vegetarian dishes. Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi) will guide you through this delectable Vegan Eggplant Simmer with Coconut Milk recipe to help you prepare an appealing meal for your family that is perfect for chilly weather! Let's go to the kitchen to represent!
Ingredients for 2 Servings
Goes Great with
- Eggplant: Cut the sliced eggplant half into lengthwise strips, perpendicular to the cutting board. Hold the slices together with your free hand to keep your strip sizes uniform.
- Cut the eggplant strips at a 90-degree angle. Cut the other half in the same way, and you've chopped your eggplant!
- Step 1: Begin
- Begin by sautéing the leek, chopped lemongrass, and smashed lemongrass stalks over high heat.
- Step 2: Simmer
- After the lemongrass is fragrant, add 200ml coconut milk and 100ml filtered water. Season with 2 tablespoons of vegan seasoning powder and 1 teaspoon of sugar to taste.
- Then, add the chopped eggplant and straw mushrooms and simmer on low heat until tender.
- Step 3: Finish and Serve
- When the eggplant has softened and become golden brown, garnish with finely chopped laksa leaves and a few chili peppers. Served with rice, vermicelli, etc.
Thus, with readily available ingredients, you have made a delicious and easy vegetarian meal. With a little ingenuity, you can make a Vegan Eggplant Simmer with Coconut Milk by combining the rich taste of coconut milk with the sweetness of eggplant, straw mushrooms, and fragrant laksa leaves from the vegetarian recipe of Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi).
Serve this delectable Vegan Eggplant Simmer with Coconut Milk meal over rice or noodles. Additionally, you may add tofu if desired. Season to taste!