VEGAN CORN MEATBALLS
Tofu is a staple in the diets of the majority of vegetarian families. Are you conscious of ways to make it more enticing and delectable? Today, Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi) will offer a recipe for Vegan Corn Meatballs made with corn, taro, and tofu.
A pleasant dish for humid days, the tofu balls with their rich taro taste or the distinctive mild sweetness of corn will certainly warm your heart. Vegan Corn Meatballs are not only a tasty vegetarian dish but also a good source of nutrients owing to the ingredients paired.
Save this recipe to figure out how to make delicious and delightful Vegan Corn Meatballs for the whole family! Your family will surely be pleased by this meal's unique taste combination.
Ingredients for 2 Servings
Goes Great with
- Tofu: After removing the tofu from its package, rinse it and then remove the water. To press, sandwich the tofu between multiple layers of paper towels, then between two plates.
- . Weigh the top plate down with something heavy. Then, drain the liquid about every 30 minutes.
- After the tofu has been drained. Mash them right in the bowl, with a potato masher or a fork. You can also crumble it into the bowl with your hands.
- Taro: Wear gloves or oil your hands when preparing taro. Remove taro’s thick slightly hairy peel with a knife under running water to avoid the stickiness.
- To prevent discoloration, place peeled and diced chunks of taro in acidulated water. Next, blanch taro in boiling water for 5 minutes. When taro has been cooking, it will turn from bright white to cream to a dappled grayish-purple.
- Step 1: Make the Corn Meatballs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the steamed taro and smashed tofu, 30 grams of cornstarch, 30 grams of corn kernels, and a pinch of salt, and stir well to combine the flavors. Following that, you roll them into equal-sized meatballs with your hands.
- Then, using a coating of cornstarch, coat the meatballs for the corn kernels to stick easily.
- Steam the corn meatballs for about 15 minutes, or until cooked, then cool and transfer to a platter.
- Step 2: Make the Sauce
- Sauté vegetable oil and chopped garlic in a pan over high heat until fragrant. Add 50ml water, 5 tablespoons soy sauce, and 3 teaspoons chili sauce.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, then pour it over the corn meatballs. Enjoy!
Simply follow the easy steps described by Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi) to create delicious and nutritious Vegan Corn Meatballs. Due to the taro in this delectable recipe, it is very flexible and delicious, giving a distinct flavor to your meal.
While processing taro, it should be steamed or cooked until very soft, allowing the corn meatballs to firm up and include a little bit of potato starch, which enhances the meal's flavor.