VEGAN BRAISED WINTER MELON
Winter melon is not well-known for its cooling effect on hot summer days, but it is a very healthy vegetable. As a result, this vegetable is often utilized in cuisine. There are many beautiful and delectable meals made with this ingredient in Vietnamese cuisine, and many diners must be drawn while enjoying it.
With only a few ingredients that retain their deliciousness and the entire dish in harmony with the spice richness, nothing could be more appealing than Vegan Braised Winter Melon. Today, Anchay.vn and Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi) will introduce you to the recipe for the dish Vegan Braised Winter Melon. The guarantee is that you will get a fantastic idea for adding richness and fullness to your regular meals.
Ingredients for 2 Servings
Goes Great with
- Winter Melon: Peeled the skin, then slice them into thin rounds in order to cook quickly.
- The Sauce: Combine 4 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon chili sauce, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup filtered water in a mixing bowl until completely mixed and smooth.
- Step 1: Cooking Begin by heating a large heavy-based saucepan over low heat and adding the shallot and olive oil.
- Stirring for five minutes until the garlic is fragrant but not browned.
- Then, add the winter melon and bring everything to a simmer.
- Step 2: Braising : Cook for another 30-40 minutes on low, stirring every 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens and the winter melon softens.
- Step 3: Finished : Remove the pan from the heat, sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, or add a few slices of chili pepper on top to make it more flavorful.
With the collaboration of Food Blogger Duong Yen Nhi (Accnhi) and Anchay.vn, a tasty and spicy Vegan Braised Winter Melon dish that combines mild taste and sweet winter melon coupled with a rich sauce is perfect for serving over hot rice. When braising vegetables, adapt the amount of water to the cooking time of each vegetable to avoid smashed dishes.