Sito's Lebanese Cabbage Salad
Salty and lemony and low-cal and very good for you! From the December 2007 issue of Cottage Living. Prettiest with red and white cabbage, but you could use one or the other as I've noticed that "small" heads of cabbage are hard to find. One medium head of either cabbage will work too. You might want to let the flavors mix in the fridge overnight, but the recipe didn't call for it. Really great for a picnic!
- 1 small red cabbage
- 1 small white cabbage
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup mint leaf, fresh, chopped
- 1-3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 lemon, juice of (about 5 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ground pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Taste and add more lemon juice and seasonings, if desired.