A recipe I learned from two Lebanese friends. This is my family's most requested dish at get-togethers.
- 2 cans heated garbanzo beans or 2 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (you could use the squeeze lemon that is 100% lemon juice)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted pine nuts (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- sliced tomato (optional)
- sliced cucumber (optional)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- carrot (optional)
- celery (optional)
- radish (optional)
Combine all ingredients except water in blender on pulse or puree setting, until smooth.
You will need to add boiling hot water during this process as it tends to sieze up.
If you accidentally add too much water it's okay as the lemon and tahini tend to suck it up.
Transfer to serving plate.
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil.