Ann Hull - Knoxville, TN USA
If you're a cilantro lover like I am, you'll love this zesty soup.
Very easy and only takes about 30 minutes to cook.
- 3 cans vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- Bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup dried lentils
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 dashes Tabasco
- ½ cup finely minced cilantro
- ½ cup finely minced parsley
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
Put first 7 ingredients into soup pot. In a pan, sauté
cilantro, parsley and onion in butter until soft and add to soup
pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer until potatoes and lentils are
soft but not mushy. Serve with French bread cut into pieces, brushed
with olive oil and toasted in the oven.