I have a very similar recipe which works well. I have tried many
veggie burger recipes but these simple ones seem to stick better.
Pour boiling water over TVP and tomato paste in a bowl.
- 1 cup TVP granules (soy protein product)
- 1 scant cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 19 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Red kidney beans can be substituted
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- whole wheat flour for dusting
Stir and let rest for 10 minutes.
In food processor, combine TVP mixture and remaining ingredients except
Pulse until mixture is almost a puree.
Dust hands with flour and shape mixture into 6 burgers.
Dust them lightly in flour.
Layer the burgers with sheets of waxed paper and refrigerate for a
least one hour.
Cook on a grill covered with foil for about 10 minutes on each side
or fry in pan at medium high for about 5 minutes each side.