Tofu, Lettuce & Tomato Sandwiches
Tucker - Southern California, USA
Slice tofu into squares, 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick.
- Firm Tofu
- Vegetable Oil, For Frying
- Soy Sauce
- slices Bread, Perferally Whole Wheat
- Alfalfa Sprouts, (optional)
- Vegan Mayonnaise, (optional)
- Mustard, (optional)
- Pickles, (optional)
- Roasted Sweet Pepper, (optional)
Fry in vegetable oil in hot iron skillet.
Before turning, season with soy sauce.
Total frying time, about 5 minutes.
Remove & drain on paper towel.
Meanwhile slice tomatoes, pickles, etc.
Construct sandwich like a "BLT", substituting tofu for bacon!
Tofu is a wonderful alternative protein sauce that picks up the
flavor of other spices and foods.