from LINDA'S KITCHEN by Linda McCartney (1995); Serving Size:
- 32 ounces cooked beans -- a variety
- 1/2 pound green beans -- trimmed
- 6 large green onions -- chopped
- 1 bunch parsley -- medium sized -- finely chopped
A BRIGHT SALAD with interesting flavors, this is tossed in a very
- 1/2 lemon -- juiced
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar -- or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large garlic cloves -- minced
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Looks great on a buffet table; good at picnics, or can be served as
Serves 6 to 8.
PANTRY: 2 cans, 16 oz each, mixed beans, or equivalent cooked
Garbanzos, navy or cannellini, black-eyed peas, red kidney, black,
Make the dressing: mix the lemon juice, vinegar, salt and garlic
in a bowl and add lots of freshly ground black pepper.
Stirring all the time, drizzle in the olive oil so that the dressing
thickens as you mix it.
Check the seasoning.
Drain the canned beans and rinse them.
Steam the green beans, until just tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
Toss all the beans together with the green onions, then add the
garlic dressing and toss again.
Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the tope.
Serve at room temperature.
1998 Hanneman: (PER SERVING: 388 cals, 19g fat)