Pasta and Cannellini
Serving Size: 4
Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 pound curly escarole or 1 sml bunch arugula -- sliced
- 1 14.5 oz can pasta ready diced tomatoes
- 1 16 oz can cannellini (white kidney beans) -- rinsed & drained
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup basil leaves -- thinly sliced
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- salt & pepper to taste
Drain, keep warm, set aside.
To make sauce, heat oil in a large skillet, add garlic and cook
over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
Add escarole or arugula, stir occasionally until wilted, about 2
minutes (1 min. for arugula).
Add undrained tomatoes, beans, and wine.
Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, then stir in basil and
simmer 1 minute.
Toss sauce with hot spaghetti, season with salt & pepper, toss
again, and serve immediately.