Serving Size: 6
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta -- uncooked
- 6 cloves to 8 garlic -- minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup fresh Key lime juice*
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups green onions -- sliced
- 1 pound plum tomatoes -- chopped
- 2 15 oz cans black beans -- rinsed & drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated Key lime rind
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley -- chopped
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain and keep warm.
Saute garlic in oil in a skillet until tender.
Add lime juice and sherry; cook over high heat for 5 minutes or
until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup.
Add green onions and chopped tomato; cook over medium heat, stirring
ccasionally, 5 to 8 minutes.
Stir in black beans and next 3 ingredients; pour over pasta, tossing
Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
NOTES : * or use Nellie & Joe's brand in a bottle