From: Ann and
Doug Duea - Oklahoma City, OK USA
Cooking/Prep time: 1hr 30min
1. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Place halves
cavity-side down in a baking dish (or two). Add about 1" of water.
Place in a 375º oven and bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- 2 medium to large delicata squash*
- 1lb. Extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Grated Soy Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
2. While the squash is baking, chop the onion. Sauté it in the
olive oil. While the onion is sautéing, crumble the tofu into it.
Salt and pepper it to taste. Cook the onion/tofu mixture over medium-high
heat, turning with a spatula every 5 minutes, until tofu is browned
3. When the squash is done, remove it from the oven, drain the
water, flip the squash cavity-side up, and fill with the onion/tofu
4. Bake the squash uncovered for about 30 more minutes at 375º.
5. Remove from oven; sprinkle each squash with Parmesan, and place
under the broiler until cheese is melted.
*Any squash with a large inner cavity may be used if Delicata
are not available