From: Karen C.
Serving Size: 4
Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium high heat.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 largeonion -- coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper -- coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 14.5 oz. can vegetable broth
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 15-16 oz can black-eyed peas -- rinsed & drained
- 1 14.4 oz. can stewed tomatoes -- undrained
Cook onion, bell pepper, and garlic in oil 3-5 minutes,
stirring occasionally until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir in rice.
Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is a light golden
Stir in broth.
Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low, and cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cover and simmer 5-10 more minutes or until vegetables and rice