Resource Center - Boston, USA
Heat oil--saute onion and bell pepper 3-4 minutes.
- 1/2 Tbsp oil
- 1 med onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped fine
- 16 oz can pinto or red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 c wheat germ
- 1 c thick tomato sauce (I mixed a 6-oz can tomato sauce with
enough water to make a cup)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 6 buns
Add remaining ingredients [not buns, of course] and bring to a
Mash beans lightly with fork or potato masher.
Simmer, loosely covered, 5-7 minutes or til preferred consistency,
Serve on buns.