- 1/4 cup cracked black pepper, plus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked brown mustard seeds (use a mortar and pestal to lightly break)
- 6 teaspoons instant minced garlic (flakes)
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well blended.
Store mixture in an airtight container.
Use as a coarse-textured rub on roast vegetables, or add to soups/stews.
It also work well with mild-flavored fish.