I'm craving this just thinking about it.. from: The McDougall program
Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water.
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cup frz. corn kernels, thawed
- 1 lrg. tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 Tables. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tables chopped fresh cilantro or 1 T. dried
- Freshly ground pepper
Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and cook 30 minutes, or until
Remove from the heat, drain, and place in large bowl.
Add the corn, tomato, and scallions.
Combine the salsa and lime juice.
Pour over the salad and mix well.
Add the cilantro and a few twist of pepper.
Mix gently and serve at once or chill over night.
- I salt the potatoes and I like them a little over done. I will
also add more salsa if I feel it needs it.