C. Greenlee -Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Serving Size: 12
In a small microwaveable bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups water wit the seven-grain
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup seven grain cereal
- 10 ounces soft tofu, blended
- 2 teaspoons McKay's chicken-style seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro -- chopped
- 3 teaspoons canned chopped green chiles
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup onion -- chopped fine
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 cup plum tomatoes -- seeded & chopped
- cooking spray
Cover, and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
Grains should be softened.
Let sit to cool while preparing the remaining ingredients.
In a blender container, blend the soft tofu to the consistency
of cottage cheese.
If tofu is too thick, add a small amount of water.
In a large mixing bowl, pour blended tofu or beaten eggs and add
McKay's chicken-style seasoning, cilantro, green chiles, oregano,
cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder.
Add the onions, carrots, rice, cracker crumbs, tomatoes, and softened
Mix well. If mixture is too thin to form burgers, add additional
If mixture is too crumbly, add a few tablespoons of water to hold
Shape into 12 patties that are 4 inches in diameter and about
1/2 inch thick.
Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium
Add patties and saute for about 5 minutes per side or until golden