Originally from Vegetarian Times, October 1996, slightly modified
Serving Size: 8 Preparation Time :0:30
In food processor or blender, process yogurt, banana, lime juice
and dry spices until smooth. Set aside.
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small jicama -- peeled & sliced
- 1 mango -- peeled & sliced
- 2 apples -- peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 pears -- peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups red and green grapes
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges -- sliced
In salad bowl, combine jicama, mango, apples, pears and grapes.
Add dressing; toss until jicama and fruits are thoroughly coated.
Top salad with orange slices.