Baja Vegetable Wraps
From: ddnebomne, via fatfreevegan.com
Source: The McDougall Newsletter - June 2004
This keeps well in the refrigerator and reheats well, so it makes a fast meal for lunch later in the week.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups sliced Napa cabbage
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach (packed)
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup salsa
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Tabasco or other hot sauce to taste
Place the onion, bell pepper, carrot, and garlic in a large pot with the vegetable broth. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4-5 minutes. Add green onions, Napa cabbage, soy sauce, chili powder and oregano. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 more minutes. Add the tomatoes, spinach, beans and salsa. Cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the cilantro and hot sauce to taste. Roll up in a warm tortilla and eat.
Hints: This may also be served over baked potatoes or whole grains.
Welcome to healthy eating! Fatfree Vegan Recipes has hundreds of delicious oil-free vegan recipes as well as information about healthy low-fat and fat-free vegan diets.