C. Greenlee - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Recipe from: Lorna Sass' Short Cut Vegetarian
Serving Size: 4
Place couscous, cumin, and salt in a large heatproof bowl or storage
container and pour 1 cup boiling water on top.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup to 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 3/4 cups black beans or 1 15 oz can
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion -- finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro -- minced
- 1 jalapeno -- minced
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic olive oil
- 3 tablespoons to 4 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
Cover tightly and let sit until all the liquid is absorbed, about
If the couscous is not quite tender, add an additional 1/4 cup of
boiling water, cover, and let sit for a few minutes longer.
Fluff up with a fork.
Toss in the beans, corn, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno.
Mix in the olive oil and enough lime juice to give the salad a puckery
Serve warm or at room temperature.