From: Karen Sonnessa
Serving Size: 1
Quarter onion and slice thinly.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion -- or 1/2 Vidalia
- 3 bell peppers -- (any color or colors
- 2 garlic cloves -- sliced (or powder)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon marjoram -- (1 t dried)
- salt and pepper -- to taste
Slice peppers to desired thickness.
Saute onions, over high heat, in olive oil for 4-5 minutes until edges
Add peppers and garlic, and continue to saute over high heat for 10
minutes, until peppers start to get browned.
Lower heat to medium, add tomato sauce.
Cook for another 10 minutes.
At the end, add vinegar, salt and pepper to taste, and marjoram.
Serve over pasta, rice, or polenta.