(Spicy Mushrooms With Ginger And Chilies)
Recipe By : Pat Gold
Serving Size : 4
1. Measure the spices and place them right next to the stove in separate
- 3 Tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Ginger
- 2 Teaspoons Finely Choppped Garlic
- 2 Hot Green Chilies minced
- 1/4 TeaspoonTumeric
- 1 1/2 Pounds Mushrooms, Cleaned and cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coarse Salt or to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Seeds crushed
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Coriander for garnish
Heat the oil in a kadhai, wok, or large frying pan over medium-high
heat for 3 mintes.
Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
Add the ginger, garlic, and chilies, and cook for 2 more minutes.
2. Add the tumeric, mushrooms, and salt.
Cook, turning them, until all the moisture evaporates and the mushrooms
begin to fry (about 15 minutes). Lower the heat, sprinkle on the
cumin seeds and the lemon juice, mix well, and contuinue cooking
until the mushrooms absorb the lemon juice and look fried (about
Turn off the heat and serve warm, at room temperature, or cold,
sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander