From: Charishma Ramchandani
This is a "Saatvik" Indian treat and I love it to the core! Its easy, healthy, Vegetarian, Vegan, quick to put together and best of all, its tasty! Personally, I like to have as minimal of sauces going into my salad as possible and that's another reason why I like this salad. This is Anjali Vellody's recipe from the Foodcourt column, Weekend.
- 1 cup green lentil (green moong, sprouted)
- 1/2 cup black gram (black lentils/black urad dal , sprouted)
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds, sprouted
- 1 cucumber, washed and chopped (with the peel on)
- 1 tomato, washed,peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 carrot, washed,peeled and chopped
- red chili powder
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, washed and finely chopped
Mix all the ingredients together in a transparent glass crystal bowl.
Cover with a lid/plate.
Refrigerate, if desired, for an hour.