Carrot Salad With Black Mustard Seeds
A refreshing, quick little Indian salad that is best as an accompanyment to some spicy food to cool you down.
SERVES 2 -3
- 1 cup carrot, scraped and shredded
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cashews or almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon cilantro or parsley, minced
If very moist, press shredded carrots dry before mixing the salad. Mix carrots, bell pepper, cashews and salt.
In a small pan heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add mustard seeds and fry until they sputter and turn grey.
Pour oil and seeds over salad, add herbs and toss to mix. Serve.