from Prabhu Balaraman
An accompaniment to DOSAI, CHAPATI etc.
(1) Heat oil, fry channa dhal until golden brown.
- 4 large potatoes (boiled)
- 2 large onions (chopped medium size)
- 4-5 green chilies (slit long strips..)
- 2 tsps channa dhal
- 1 inch ginger (finely chopped)
- salt to taste..
add dash of hing and crackle mustard.
(2) Saute onions and green chillies until golden brown.
(3) Throw in a few (~4) cups of water; add ginger, salt, let
cook for a while.
(4) Mash potatoes and dump into above..and viola! Masala!