Just heat up the oil, put the mustard/cumin seeds and fry the onions
for a while (till they turn golden brown).
- A can of kidney beans (You are pressed for time so just use
a can otherwise you need to soak them overnight and boil them
the next day)
- A medium sized chopped onion
- A pinch of garlic pd. (I prefer the pd. to fresh garlic as the
garlic here has a tendancy to turn bitter in a week even if you
refrigerate it, while the pd. can be used for months)
- A small piece of ginger, minced
- 2 tbsps. of tomato paste
- salt and chilli pd. to taste
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. corriander pd.
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 1/2 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. mustard or cumin seeds (whatever you like better)
Now add the tomato paste, ginger, garlic and turmeric.
After mixing everything thoroughly, finally add the salt, corriander
pd. and chili pd.
Now add the beans and about a cup and a half of water.
Let the whole thing simmer till the consistency becomes okay.
Finally add the garam masala.
Never put the garam masala in the beginning or else the flavour will