- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1-2 onions
- 2 tsp veg oil
- 1 - 1/2 cups peeled, grated butternut squash
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups cooked chick peas (I used 1 can)
- 1/4 cup rice
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt (I used 1/2 tsp veg stock)
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped, 1/4 cup raisins
Saute garlic, ginger, onions in oil until tender, add curry powder,
Add squash, carrot and potatoes, rice.
Pour in water, veg stock and remaining spices & chick peas & raisins.
Simmer until veggies tender.
About 10 minutes before serving, mix in chopped apple.
This seems best served slightly above room temperature.
Per cup serving: 186 calories; protein 6g; fat 4g; carbohydrates
34g; cholesterol 0mg.
This recipe rocks!
The combination of winter squash and curry is definitely a winner.
Grated butternut squash cooks up tender and juicy without falling
apart into puree.
Try using some of the Patak's curry pastes instead of the dry