Here's the approximate recipe for a really good stew/soup that
would work for thanksgiving.
Throw it all in a pot, cook on high until boiling, turn down and simmer
for about 1-2 hours, serve.
- 1 C wild rice
- 1 C lentils
- 1 C barley
- 1 C brown rice
- About 10-12 C water or veg broth (add more if needed)
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1-2 onions, chopped
- about 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- Any other root veggies that you like
- at least 1/4 C (dry, or fresh equivalant) of a combo of these
salt, pepper, coriander seed, celery seed, basil, oregano, cloves,
- A couple bay leaves
- A few cloves of crushed garlic
This is really hard to make. (g)
Next time I make it, I'll check the amounts of seasoning.