Sherry Salad Dressing
When you make the pies, save a little pumpkin and try this Salad
one of my favorites......
In a medium bowl, mix together pumpkin, sherry , garlic, sugar, salt,
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons cream sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced then mashed to a paste
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
until thoroughly combined making sure the sugar and salt have completely
Salt does not dissolve in oil.
Adding the oil last eliminates this problem.
Add oil and whisk until fully incorporated.