From: Karen C.
Serving Size: 4
Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add first 10 ingredients
and process until smooth.
- 1 15 oz.can garbanzo beans -- drained
- 1/2 cup onion -- chopped
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley -- chopped
- 1 teaspoonground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoonground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoonsalt
- 1/8 teaspoonblack pepper
- 1/8 teaspoonground red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 6-inch pita rounds -- cut in half
- 4 curly lettuce leaves
- Tahini Sauce (see separate recipe)
Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a 3-inch
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add 1 1/2 tsp.
of oil and place over medium heat until hot.
Add 4 patties to skillet; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly
Repeat procedure with remaining oil and patties.
Spread about 2 tablespoons of Tahini Sauce evenly into each pita
Fill each half with 1 lettuce leaf and 2 falafel patties.