from LINDA'S KITCHEN by Linda McCartney (Little, Brown); Serving
1. Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling water for 10-15 minutes or until
they are tender.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes -- peeled
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 orange -- grated rind and juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar -- may be doubled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley OR chives
Drain well. Slice them or cut into cubes.
2. Heat the margarine in a frying pan and add the sweet potatoes.
Toss over a moderate heat until the potatoes are coveted with margarine,
then add the orange rind and juice, the sugar and herbs.
3. Heat, stirring and tossing, and serve immediately.
Serve from two to three.
Sweet potatoes are loaded with beta carotene.
Boil them in the same way as ordinary potatoes, as in this recipe.
You can also bake them in their jackets (they don't take as long
as ordinary potatoes), roast them, or make them into chips to serve
with a dip.
1998 Hanneman/McBuster (PER SERVING: 294 CALS, 12 G FAT)