Spanish Cabbage Soup
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped
- 5 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed and remaining cut into strips
- 100 ml oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 1 liter hot stock or water
- parsley, chopped
Fry the strips of bread in the oil until brown, set them aside.
Now fry the onion, garlic, tomatoes, peppers and chopped cabbage for a few minutes.
Pour over enought stock to cover the vegetables and bring to the boil.
Reduce to a simmer, add a good pinch of paprika and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the fried bread, cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Serve with a sprinkling of chopped parsley. Serves 4.