Adapted from Martha Stewart's Living magazine. Quick, easy, good! Great to take on a picnic, camping trip, etc. West, French.
- 4 kirby cucumbers, washed, dried, quartered lenthwise
- 2-3 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1 3/4 cups white wine vinegar (or white vinegr)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
Place cucumbers and tarragon in a quart jar.
Heat vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt in a saucepan, stirring until sugar and salt dissolve. Pour into the jar.
Let cool completely, uncovered.
Pickles are best refrigerated overnight, or up to 6 weeks before serving. Enjoy!