Mushroom and White Bean Stew
From: Karen C.
Serving Size: 4
In a Dutch oven or large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms (about 5 cups) -- sliced
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic -- minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme -- crushed
- 2 13 oz cans vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes, cut into -- bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 15 oz cans cannellini beans -- rinsed & drained
Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, and thyme, and cook and stir until onion
is very tender and mushrooms are slightly golden, about 8 minutes.
Add vegetable broth, tomatoes (including liquid), and wine.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer to blend flavors,
about 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of the beans until smooth; add to stew.
Stir in remaining beans and heat until hot, about 8 minutes. Serve
Can be served on rice if desired.