Olive Basil Pasta Sauce
This is a wonderful yummy pasta sauce that is Spanish in origin. Adapted from the Great Good Food cookbook.
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, packed
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup toasted almond
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh Italian parsley
Puree olives, basil, spinach, almonds, garlic, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor.
Add olive oil while machine is running.
Refrigerate until read to serve.
Great served with pasta or rice, or over vegetables.
Garnish with parsley. Enjoy!