In the summer my mom would have a big bowl of this wonderful and refreshing cold soup in the fridge. She was real good at getting us to eat our veggies!
- 46 ounces tomato juice, a large can
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, canned
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar or cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or very mild olive oil
- garlic salt or garlic powder
Clean, prep, and cut all the vegetables.
Combine the juice, vegetables, oil, and vinegar in a large bowl.
Season to taste with garlic salt or garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Allow to chill in the fridge to let the flavors combine. It can be eaten as soon as you want but the longer it sits the more the flavors will meld.