French Provencale Ratatouille
A different ratatouille mix that is very flavourful. I sometimes find rataouille can be very ordinary but this one is not!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 medium eggplants, salted rinsed and cut into 1 . 5cm dice
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into 1 . 5cm dice
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1 . 5cm dice
- 2 medium tomatoes, deseeded and cut into 1 . 5cm dice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1-2 tablespoon French mustard
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Heat olive oil in frying pan.
Saute onion for 2 minutes.
Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add eggplant and capsicum and cook 5 minutes.
Add zucchini, tomatoes, vinegar and stock.
Season, reduce heat to slow simmer and cover.
Cook 15-20 minutes.
Just before serving stir through mustard (as much as you like) and chopped parsley and additional seasoning if desired.