Ensalada San Andres
This is an adaptation of a salad served at Restaurante San Andres, in La Palma, Canary Islands. It's a little bit of work but beautiful and delicious.
- 1 lb green cabbage, finely shredded.
- 16 hearts of palm, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 slices of sliced canned pineapple, cut in small wedges,of about 1/2 inch
- 8 slices tomatoes (thin slices)
- 8 thin green pepper rings
- 8 very thin onion rings
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, mashed to a paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together the salad dressing ingredients.
Arrange a bed of cabbage on a platter, and over it scatter the hearts of palm, pineapple wedges, tomato slices, green pepper rings and onion rings.
Sprinkle on the corn and shredded carrot.
Drizzle the dressing over the composed salad and finish with the freshly ground pepper.