Few tapas taste more Spanish than champiñones al ajillo (ajillo mushrooms), dripping with olive oil, garlic and dry Spanish Sherry. To make this tapa even more authentic, be sure to serve the mushrooms with plenty of fresh, crusty bread to mop up the delicious juices.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, wiped clean and quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili, seeded and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon spanish paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the mushrooms over high heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Lower the heat to medium and add the garlic, sherry, lemon juice, dried chile, paprika, and salt and pepper.
Cook for about 5 minutes or until the garlic and mushrooms have softened.