Philippino Noodles (Beehoon Guisado)
From: Wendys Kitchen
I cut this from an Asian Food Magazine - "Flavours" Sept/Oct 05. I have modified it.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200 g Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 200 g carrots, shredded
- 200 g cucumbers, shredded
- 500 g rice vermicelli, blanched in hot water and drained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 50 g parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots (from Asian food stores)
- 3 limes, halved
Heat oil in wok.
Fry shallots and garlic until aromatic.
Add cabbage, carrots and cucumber. Stir fry 1 minute.
Add vermicelli and fry 1 minute.
Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
Stir fry two minutes.