Burmese Spiced Nuts
From Nirmala Narine, a sweet and spicy snack.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey-style sweetener (eg molasses, maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups unsalted almonds or unsalted cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded, toasted
- coarse sea salt
Heat a large frying pan to medium and add the oil.
Stir in the sweetener and cayenne, cumin and curry powder.
Once the oil and sweetener are combined, add the nuts and stir until all the nuts are evenly coated.
Add the toasted coconut and gently stir until the nuts are evenly coated with coconut.
Season with coarse sea salt to taste. Immediately transfer nuts to a large non-stick baking sheet and spread them out to cool.
Transfer to a bowl and serve.