My niece's version of this classic recipe, it tastes fantastic and is quick and easy! You can also top this with cooked tofu and serve with a vegetable side dish for a healthful vegan dinner. Adjust heat according to taste.
- 16 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 3-5 drops sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini sauce
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (preferably natural chunky style)
- 5-7 tablespoons hot water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
saute garlic and hot pepper in oil for 1-2 minutes.
Mix in tahini and peanut butter, then whisk in warm water until the sauce is a creamy consistency (depending on the peanut butter you use and personal preference).
Taste and add pepper, salt or more red pepper or hot sauce as desired.
Toss with pasta and garnish with scallions, cilantro, cucumber then serve with lime wedges.